SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday 19 January 2018

The ultimate baby checklist

I’m expecting my first in May, and today I want to share my ultimate baby checklist. I am a BIG fan of lists and being the perfectionist, control freak that I am I can assure you I have added everything you need and more, and I've added a few of my personal product picks. I did a lot of research myself and mind you I have been preparing for this moment for as long as I can remember I've always wanted to be a mummy I swear this is my calling. That being said I am a new mummy I haven't put any of these items to use yet since my due date isn't for another 15 weeks. Once baby comes, I’ll have to let you know witch are my favourite, must have items I actually got the most use out of.



Whether you are expecting a baby or plan on having a baby someday you can save this as a resource and if you have a friend or a family member that is expecting you can pass this along.

One thing you need to consider when buying clothes and one mistake I made, well not mistake lets just say I’m extremely prepared for whatever the season haha and I guess it's better to have it then to not have it, right? as soon as I found out I was pregnant I went out and brought a shit load of baby clothes anything cute I brought it and I didn't think about what season we will be in when my baby arrives. So obviously it would be handy to work out what season you will be in when your baby arrives so you can purchase the right clothing so if it's winter when your due make sure you grab some jumpers, pants and you know winter clothes. 

Another thing to remember is don't go overboard buying (new born size clothing) your baby might be a big baby (lets hope not right? OUCH!) or your baby might grow out of new born clothing really quickly. I've heard from a lot of mothers that there babies grew out of there newborn clothes in a first few weeks, but remember you will be changing your baby often so if you think you have brought to much new born clothes don't worry I'm sure you will get some use out of them. And you know have them in storage for your next baby? But my advise is to buy basics in new born size plus some going out outfits and stuff but buy more 000 size witch is 0-3 months. I have added a sizing guide below.
Sizing guide 
00000-Premmie baby 
0000- New born
000-0-3 Months 
00-3-6 Months 
0-6-12 Months 
1-year old 




Tips
I suggest having a (breastfeeding basket) next to your nursing chair that holds your breastfeeding pump, bottles, breast pads, tissues, book for you to read, pacifiers and a water bottle so it's close and at arms reach for you while you are feeding.

Everything you need to change a nappy MUST be placed within arms length.

You HAVE to get your car seat professionally fitted.

Get long singlets, even if they seem too long the shorter ones end up looking like crop tops. Good singlets have really generous neck and arm holes so that you can get them on your baby quickly and easily.

Relatives may give you lots of hand knitted woollies but they can irritate a baby's skin so try to make sure there's something in between or just use them for show.

When nappy changing you can also use a terry towelling nappy or disposable change mats to put under the baby.

I suggest a bedside table to have next to your nursing chair to place your breastfeeding or feeding items to have at arms reach while your feeding.

On a budget? 
If you are on a budget, don't stress. Theres so many good quality and affordable baby items you can pick up at your local baby stores let me name a few of my favourites stores, Target, Kmart, Best and Less, Big W, Baby Buntings and so many more. K Mart is my all time FAVOURITE for storage and organisation items and baby clothes witch are CHEAP AS CHIPS. 

It's a good thing we have 9 months to get ready, that gives us time to plan and prepare. It's a good idea to write a budget a budget will help and reassure you. You can work out what money you need and you can set yourself a budget and purchase the essentials. And remember if you have a baby shower that means FREE STUFF woohoo! 


Packing for hospital


I might do a (Nursery on a budget) show you what I have in my nursery, how I've organised everything and where I got it from, and how much. Let me know in the comments.

Mummy's: Do you have any must haves that you'd add to this list?

Let me know in the comments.

Post a Comment